On Friday, we concluded another round of contract negotiations and I want you to get the latest straight from me.
A federal mediator oversaw the session on Friday, which is a big step to keep the corporate negotiators from Ralphs, Vons, and Albertsons honest.
We’ve made some important progress, but there’s still a long road ahead of us.
Today, here’s what you need to know:
- On Day 1, we brought the federal mediator up to speed and informed him of our goals and concerns.
- We continue to advance and advocate for improvements to our contract that will increase our ability to get more hours, pay, and a voice on the job.
- Negotiations are ongoing. Our next scheduled dates are May 3rd and 6th.
We have yet to make a major agreement on any of our Core Values (you can learn more about these here). But we remain steadfast and strong.
Our goals at the bargaining table remain the same:
- Family-sustaining wages
- More, flexible hours
- Health and retirement security
- Job security in changing times
- Democracy in our workplace
- Better neighborhood grocery stores
The way we win is by staying involved. Make sure you, your family, and your friends sign our petition and share our message on your social media.
Share our petition
Share our message
We got this,
President, UFCW 770