On Friday, we concluded another round of contract negotiations and I want you to get the latest straight from me.
A federal mediator oversaw the session on Friday, which is a big step to keep the corporate negotiators from Ralphs, Vons, and Albertsons honest.
We’ve made some important progress, but there’s still a long road ahead of us.
Today, here’s what you need to know:
- On Day 1, we brought the federal mediator up to speed and informed him of our goals and concerns.
- We continue to advance and advocate for improvements to our contract that will increase our ability to get more hours, pay, and a voice on the job.
- Negotiations are ongoing. Our next scheduled dates are May 3rd and 6th.
We have yet to make a major agreement on any of our Core Values (you can learn more about these here). But we remain steadfast and strong.
Our goals at the bargaining table remain the same:
- Family-sustaining wages
- More, flexible hours
- Health and retirement security
- Job security in changing times
- Democracy in our workplace
- Better neighborhood grocery stores
We got this,
President, UFCW 770