LA COUNTY TESTING
If you are interested in testing in Los Angeles, we are hearing that there are challenges with the availability of appointments at public testing sites and suggest you consider free testing with a private doctor.
Option 1: Private testing for Covid-19 is available through Dr. Trenkle who is providing free testing to our members both with insurance and without insurance. There is no co-pay and no deductible. Please email your full name, best phone number, and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 2: Free public testing for Covid-19 is available for essential workers in Los Angeles. Schedule an appointment at https://lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs
SANTA BARBARA TESTING
Screening and appointments can be made between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. by visiting https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling 888-634-1123 for those with no internet access. There will be no out-of-pocket expense or co-pay, and insurers of those who have coverage will be billed. Appointments will be completed at an indoor facility and will require residents to exit their vehicle.
Santa Barbara County residents can make appointments to be screened and subsequently tested at COVID-19 Community Based Testing Sites. These testing sites will be operated by Optum Serve, a contractor of the State of California.
The initial testing site is at the Santa Maria Fairpark, located at 937 Thornburg Street 8 with locations in Lompoc (Anderson Recreation Center,125 W Walnut Ave) and Santa Barbara (Earl Warren Showgrounds, 3400 Calle Real), opening later this week. Testing sites will be operational 5 days per week, and days and times will be adjusted based on community need. Appointments are required for testing.
Testing is available to all community members regardless of immigration status, primary language spoken, insurance status, or housing status.
However, individuals who meet the following conditions will be prioritized for the first appointments:
- Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Persons 65 years and older or any age with chronic medical conditions
- Residents or employees of congregate care living facilities• Persons in essential occupations which include utilities, grocery, food supply, and public employees
- Any persons exhibiting one or more symptoms of COVID-19
These testing sites will help Santa Barbara County dramatically increase testing for individuals who had limited access to COVID-19 tests until now. Tests are a snapshot to verify the presence of COVID-19 and are not antibody tests to detect whether or not a person has ever been infected.
San Luis Obispo County
The State of California is partnering with San Luis Obispo County and OptumServe to increase testing for COVID-19 in our county. Testing is by appointment only. Insurance information will be collected when you register, but no co-pay required. If you do not have insurance, the State of California will pay for your test. Please bring your identification, if you have one.
For updated information about COVID testing in SLO county go to emergencyslo.org
Make An Appointment
Register Here https://lhi.care/covidtesting
These registration options are through Optum and not the county.
Please have your insurance card available when you register, if you have insurance. Please write down your patient identification number, you will need this to select an appointment time. You will need to provide a cell phone to get a verification code. Please note, it may take the code a few minutes to come through. You will not be charged a co-pay, but your insurance will be charged.
You can also call 1-888-634-1123 Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm to schedule an appointment. However, if you can register online, please do so. We have received reports that the phone line has long wait times.
Community transmission of COVID-19 continues to occur in Ventura County. Testing for COVID-19 has expanded to multiple locations throughout the County. Any Ventura County resident who meets the following criteria may schedule an appointment for testing by calling a State Location, at 1-888-634-1123, or County’s Ambulatory Urgent Care sponsored testing site hotline, at 805-652-7660.
CRITERIA FOR TESTING
To be eligible for testing you must meet one of the two following criteria:
1. Symptomatic for COVID-19: any person with cough or shortness of breath OR two of the following symptoms: fever greater than 100.4F, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell.
2. Asymptomatic close contacts of a lab-confirmed COVID-19 case (see criteria below).
For Asymptomatic individuals please note the following:
- Asymptomatic close contacts may be tested at 2 time points, both at the beginning and the end of the 14-day quarantine period. If they are positive at the first test, they do not need to be re-tested at 14 days.
- A “close contact” of a “case” of COVID-19 is defined as living or staying at the same residence, being an intimate sexual partner, staying within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes while the case is not wearing a mask, or having direct contact for any amount of time with the body fluids or secretions of the case (e.g. was coughed or sneezed on, shared utensils with, was provided care by, or provided care for the case, without wearing a mask, gown, and gloves).
Available for all adults and children who live in Ventura County who have symptoms compatible with COVID-19. A physician referral for testing is not necessary. County residents will not be charged for the test and are not required to have health insurance, although they will be asked for insurance information if available.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT AT THE FOLLOWING CENTERS
(Please pre-register for a testing appointment)
OPTUMSERVE STATE LOCATIONS
Primary testing site for frontline and essential workers (e.g., grocery workers, food supply workers, utility workers, etc.)
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8 am – 8 pm
Location 1 – Oxnard Performance Arts Center
800 Hobson Way
Oxnard, CA 93030
Location 2 – Conejo Creek Parks South
1300 East Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
DRIVE-UP TESTING SITE
No appointment or insurance is needed • Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday 10am – 7pm
- Ventura College – 4667 Telegraph Rd., Ventura, CA 93003
- Moorpark College – 7075 Campus Rd., Moorpark, CA 93021
- Ford Dealership -128 S. Hallock Dr., Santa Paula, CA 93060
Free COVID-19 testing is now widely available in Kern County through multiple sites. The following testing sites are provided through the State of California at no cost to the participant. All testing sites are currently following the recommended testing priority provided by California Department of Public Health which prioritizes testing for symptomatic individuals, health care workers and first responders. The links below will take you to the registration sites for the following testing locations.
Currently Open Sites
All Sites By Appointment Only.
5th District Drive-Thru – 2101 Ridge Road/Mt Vernon Ave
5th District Drive-Thru Registration
Hours: Sunday – Friday 8 am – 11 am & Noon – 2 pm
South Bakersfield – Kern County Fairgrounds
Kern County Fairgrounds Registration
No Drive-Thru option
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 7 am – 7 pm
Mojave – Veterans Memorial Building
Veterans Memorial Building Registration
No Drive-Thru option
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 7 am – 7 pm