Homelessness is one of the many terrible effects of the pandemic that people are facing. Shortened hours, family members or roommates being laid off, and other factors contribute to people not being able to pay their rent or mortgage. While different cities and counties have varying eviction protections, for some people, it’s not enough.
Below are a few resources regarding housing for your assistance.
- State of California Tenant and Landlord Resources
- California COVID-19: Housing and Homelessness
- Los Angeles County Housing Resource Center
- 211 Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
- UnionPlus Hardship Assistance
Project Roomkey Resources
To inquire about Project Roomkey: Please contact the Ventura County Continuum of Care (805) 654-3838:
- Tara Carruth; email@example.com; 805-340-4969.
- Chris Russell;firstname.lastname@example.org; 805-386-1888.
To connect with Project Roomkey in Santa Barbara County, please contact the county homeless Continuum of Care (CoC):
- Kimberlee Albers; 661-213-7697; email@example.com
- Miriam Moreno; 805-568-2479; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dinah Lockhart; 805-568-3523; email@example.com
San Luis Obispo:
To learn about emergency housing in San Luis Obispo County, please contact Laurel Weir at the county Continuum of Care (CoC.)
- Laurel Weir, firstname.lastname@example.org, 805-781-1833.
Please also try contacting Community Action Partnership at (805) 544-4355, or Catholic Charities at (805) 541-9110.