How to put on a face mask:
● Before putting on a mask, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap
and water. Mark so you know it’s yours.
● Adjust with straps so there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
● Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based
hand sanitizer or soap and water.
● Use sanitizer spray to clean them during breaks in a single day. Do not leave lying
around – temporarily store in a clean paper bag with your name on it. Careful not to
contaminate when putting back on.
● Replace the mask with a new one or remove it if it becomes damp.
How to remove a face mask:
● Once used the front of the mask is contaminated — DO NOT TOUCH!
● If your hands get contaminated during mask removal, immediately wash your hands or
use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
● Remove the mask by grasping the bottom ties or elastics of the mask, then the ones at
the top, and removing it without touching the front.
● If you are using a reusable cloth mask, store it in a sealable plastic bag until it can be
washed, then discard the bag. Do not reuse if stored in a plastic bag unless washed.
● Face masks should be machine-washed daily in warm or hot water and air dried. They
must be dry before reuse.
IMPORTANT: Remember to always wear your face mask in the same orientation, i.e., you
should always have the same side facing outward (the contaminated side).
Masks are just one tool to prevent the spread of the virus. Please follow all protocols – and take
the time to wash your hands.