Proper Glove Use
When you are working everyday and interacting with many people, gloves can be an important tool for staying safe, but only if they are used properly
daylaborernetwork highlights some important info about wearing gloves and cross contamination in the video below to help keep you safe.
Here is a seven-step guide from the CDC outlining how to properly remove gloves to avoid unintentional germ transmission.
- Grasp the outside of one glove at the wrist. Do not touch your bare skin.
- Peel the glove away from your body, pulling it inside out.
- Hold the glove you just removed in your gloved hand.
- Peel off the second glove by putting your fingers inside the glove at the bottom of your wrist.
- Turn the second glove inside out while pulling it away from your body, leaving the first glove inside the second.
- Dispose of the gloves safely. Do not reuse the gloves.
- Clean your hand immediately after removing gloves.