On Monday, January 14, 30,000 educators in LAUSD will take a stand to improve classrooms and learning conditions for our kids.
UTLA members are going on strike for:
Smaller class sizes
More nurses and counselors
Accountability for charter schools
As a union member, you understand how critical and crucial labor actions like these are in creating long and lasting change. We need to stand in solidarity with our teachers and join them in this fight, because the more workers who come together, the more unstoppable we become.
According to the Los Angeles Federation of Labor, here are some ways that you can support the strike:
1. Get Loud on Social Media
Never underestimate the power of a hashtag. You have the power to invite more people into the conversation.
Follow updates on www.WeArePublicSchools.org and tell your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter that you won’t cross the picket line. Use your own message or the one prepared below. And don’t forget to use these hashtags: #StrikeReady #RedForEd #UTLAstrong.
I, a member of @UFCW770, stand with @utlanow educators and will not cross the picket line. Join me now to improve classrooms and schools for our kids. https://wearepublicschools.org/ #StrikeReady #RedForEd #UTLAstrong.
2. Be a Part of the Leadership School for Education and Action
Join parents, students and other union members at the Leadership School for Education and Action, an exciting week-long program full of political education and action.
See this PDF for details.
3. Join the Picket Lines
Want to join the picket line? You can adopt one or several schools and join the picket lines before or after school.
- Visit UTLA Adopt-A-School to see a map of all LAUSD campuses
- Click on the magnifying glass to search within the map.
- Enter your home or work address to find the campuses closest to you
- Click on the small red book icon for the exact address name and phone number of the school.
- Help LA Federation of Labor track support for teachers by filling out this form.
- Check www.WeArePublicSchools.org for picket and rally times.