We’re writing today with some important news about your Union.
On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 UFCW 770 conducted two separate votes of the membership on two important matters:
- Approving updated bylaws that are more inclusive and in-line with our values as a Union; and
- Adjusting our jurisdictional lines with Local 324 to provide improved representation to stores previously represented by both locals.
Many of you worked in stores represented by more than one Local, or maybe out of the geographic jurisdiction of your Local. It was confusing and inefficient.
So UFCW Local 770 and 324 got together and got rid of the bureaucratic red tape and confusion. A vote of all of our membership last week approved the plan.
What does this mean for you?
- Stores with multiple Locals and Union Representatives will be streamlined to one local union and a common Union Representative representing all of you.
- Some stores will change the local union they are affiliated with and will have new Union Representatives working with you.
- All dues will stay the same (with only a few exceptions involving transfers)
As a democratic organization, we held a vote of all our members last week on these changes and it passed overwhelmingly.
We’re confident this will help us more effectively serve and help you. If you have any questions about this, contact your (current) Union Representative or give us a call at 800-UFCW-770.
President, UFCW Local 770